© Oklahoma Rural Water Association. All rights reserved.
Each year the Oklahoma Rural Water Association sponsors a video contest for Oklahoma student’s grades 9-12 to express their ideas, gain insight into the importance of water conservation and a clean water supply, and possibly win cash prizes for themselves and your school.
The goal of this video contest is to create public awareness on preserving the earth’s most valuable resource, water. Each team must have a sponsoring teacher and while any teacher can serve as a sponsor, this is ideal for those who work with environmental science, media technology and/or communications. There is a limit of four students per team. However, each school can only submit one video.
First, Second and Third Prizes will be awarded to each winning team member as well as the school. The winning videos will be available for viewing on youtube.com and showcased at our Annual Technical Conference and Exposition. All team sponsors will be notified of the winners by e-mail in April 2015. The winning teams sponsor will be contacted by email, to schedule an appointment for presentation of the awrds at there respective schools bt a ORWA representative.
The Challenge – Create a 30-second video, based on a water related theme creatively showing how you would help people in your community understand how to protect their drinking water, or how you would educate people on why it’s important- and that their help does make a difference.
Examples of Water Related Themes Include, But Are Not Limited to:
- WATER-WHERE CLEAN WATER FLOWS…OPPORTUNITY GROWS
THE QUALITY & VALUE OF WATER
- WATER – SAFE, CLEAN, SECURE
- WATER TO GROW
- WATER – EVERY DAY….EVERY TIME
- WATER CONSERVATION
- LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ON WATER
- WATER IS LIFE
- WHAT’S WATER WORTH?
- PROTECTING OUR WATER SUPPLY (Groundwater or Surface Water) FOR THE FUTURE, ETC.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF PROFESSIONALS RESPONSIBLE FOR TREATING & DELIVERING SAFE WATER
We encourage you to visit your local utility to get additional ideas. Anything over 30 seconds will be disqualified.
Who’s Eligible – The contest is open to students in grades 9-12, individually or as a group entry of no more than four students. Entries must be sponsored by an individual teacher representing a specific department within your school.
The Sponsoring Teacher – The sponsor’s role is to encourage students participation, and provide general guidance in how to plan a video and enter the contest – not developing the creative concept or executing the video. Any teacher can serve as the sponsor, but if two teachers want to co-sponsor, that’s great – they just need to split the award if their student(s) win the contest.
The Timeframe – Videos must be submitted to the Oklahoma Rural Water Association no later than February 13, 2015.
The Awards – The winning entries will receive:
- First Place – $2,000 paid directly to the school’s sponsoring teachers department and $300 to each team member.
- Second Place – $1,500 paid directly to the school’s sponsoring teachers department and $200 to each team member.
- Third Place – $1,000 paid directly to the school’s sponsoring teachers department and $100 to each team member