Oklahoma Rural Infrastructure Grant

RIG has been renewed under the State of Oklahoma’s new fiscal year budget. All applications that have been received previously are still eligible for consideration and will be evaluated in the order in which they were received. If you need to edit or withdraw your previous application, please contact Kelley Brown at RIG@orwa.org.

The Oklahoma Rural Infrastructure Grant (RIG) program helps rural and small municipal water and wastewater systems become sustainable and improve infrastructure, with up to $100,000 in funding per project. The program will fund 80 percent of the project cost. The other 20 percent must be matched by the system, either through dollars or in-kind contributions.

RIG is available to publicly-owned Oklahoma water and wastewater systems serving 3,300 or fewer people. Projects that can be considered for funding include:

  • Engineering Work
  • New and Existing Source Projects
  • Hydrants
  • Backup Power Generators
  • SCADA Systems
  • Billing Software and Systems
  • GIS Mapping
  • Laboratory Upgrade
  • Treatment Projects
  • Line Extension
  • Tank Rehabilitation
  • Water Meters
  • Financial Auditing
  • Manhole Projects
  • Customer Meters
  • Master/Inline Meters
  • Leak Repair
  • Storage Projects
  • Distribution Valves
  • Smoke Testing
  • Lift Stations
  • Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Study
  • Manhole Projects
  • Develop CMOM Program

Grants are awarded based on merit, financial need and the impact the project will have on system sustainability. For more information contact Kelley Brown at RIG@orwa.org.

Scroll to Top